As many of my darling readers know, this is the first blog that I have ever felt gave me any kind of purpose and I have been so encouraged by the comments I have received and inspired by the blogs I follow. A writer for life, I rarely share my work with people, but through WordPress, I have found that I should have been doing this a long, long time ago. I love knowing that my words have reached dozens of countries around the world. Simply put, I can’t stop now!
Today I received some fantastic news that has me grinning like a Cheshire Cat. I have been awarded my first blogging honor by the fabulous folks at Mother Sugar.
Unlike Meryl Streep and her countless Academy Award nominations and wins, this caught me completely off-guard and I am tickled pink that someone out there liked Defining Wonderland enough to recognize it. What a perfect start to the long holiday (Memorial Day for all you non-Americans) weekend!
Per the guidelines of award acceptance, I am to share with you all seven facts about myself and nominate up to fifteen other blogs for the One Lovely Blog award. So here goes.
The Seven Things You Never Wanted to Know But I Have Agreed to Tell You
- I have the world’s worst time closing ironing boards. Seriously, it’s pathetic. I have been shown countless times how to do it and I still have the hardest time. As a result, I rarely buy clothes that need to be ironed. Let’s just save the embarrassment for something else.
- When I was a little girl, I took gymnastics classes, but could never do the splits. In high school, I mastered them and have been able to do them ever since.
- I regularly fantasize about picking up my life and moving to England for a few years. I frequently apply to jobs that will take me there with the guarantee that I can return to the States after the allotted time.
On my lunch breaks, you will find me reading a book on my Kindle in my car or napping. Books and sleep are very important to me.
I am considered a reliable friend yet I rarely rely on others. I think that has to do with being an incredibly independent person from a very young age.
- It’s important to step back and really see what/who matters in your life. I find myself doing this constantly and it puts life into perspective.
- I think about changing the name of Defining Wonderland all the time, but I can’t. It has become so much more than I thought it would be and to change it now seems unjust. I’ll stick to toying with the style of it instead.
And now for the fun part. The winners of the One Lovely Blog Award are…
Go Guilty Pleasures! – infectious and hilarious
hunting for bliss – great stories from a chick with a very cool life
Mother Sugar – kindred spirits and heartwarming posts
my fixations – awesome thoughts on all things from being a mommy to the Paleo diet
Not So Skinny Genes – a gal after my own heart
not yet grounded – insightful thoughts on moving to England
Sarah Smiles Awhile – humorous and entertaining
A SMILE EACH DAY – wonderful DIY projects and delicious recipes
Truth and Cake – the kind of blog I aspire to create
Trying to Be Conscious – beautiful French blog that is très chic
To all the recipients, keep this award going by following these five steps:
- Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog.
- Write down seven random facts about yourself.
- Give this award to up to fifteen other bloggers.
- Let them know they’ve won.
- Pop the award on your blog.
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you once again to Mother Sugar for my very first award!