I am incredibly honored to receive this from two of my favorite blogging buddies. Thank you so much, girls!
Fittingly enough on this date, the recipient of the award is to answer eleven questions, award eleven other blogs, and ask eleven new questions. I love that this award allows the givers to dig a little deeper and learn what they want to learn about their favorite bloggers. Since I was nominated by two gals in the same day, you all get double the answered questions. As if you didn’t already know enough about me!
11 Questions from Laura:
1. What could you change about or add to your life right now that would make you happier?
I would speed up time so I knew for certain whether or not I was going on an international trip this year.
2. What is your favourite childhood memory?
There are so many to choose from. I guess one of my favorite times was having my sister make me over with her friend. They did my makeup (complete with Marilyn mole made out of eyeliner) and dressed me up in my sister’s poodle skirt. It was nice to be treated as the “adorable little sister” rather than the “annoying little brat.”
3. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Being a fun auntie!
4. Tell someone you love them… it’s not a question but I think it’s super important to do.
To my youngest brother who I haven’t seen regularly in the last twelve years, I love you. You have no idea how much I think about you and how I loved being a part of your life for the first two years. Someday I hope that we can sit down and discuss why I wasn’t around and the fact that it had absolutely nothing to do with you. Your life will get better and I cannot wait to see what you make of yourself.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mom, without a doubt.
6. If you had the ability to change the life of one person you know (or don’t know) for the better, how would you do this?
I would do a silly little dance to make them laugh. Laughter changes lives!
7. Gold or silver? Why?
Silver because I think it makes gemstones pop so much more than gold.
8. What is one thing that scares you?
Losing my mom. I frequently tell her that she cannot pass on until I have a child because I will need something to live for. She is just my favorite person in the world and I don’t know how I’ll survive without her.
9. Why do you blog?
I blog as a creative outlet, to share my thoughts with others, to meet new people all over the world, and to fulfill a New Year’s resolution.
10. Blue + Red = ?
Purple! My favorite color.
11. What is one short-term and one long-term goal that you are working towards?
Short-term: get through the end of the fiscal year. Long-term: become a mother.
11 Questions from Stephanie
1. If you could go out to dinner with anyone in the world (alive, not dead-that’s just weird), who would it be and why?
Prince Harry because he seems like he would be so much fun to hang out with and it would of course be the beginning stage of Operation Happily Ever After, where he would forget his love of blondes and sweep me off my feet. A girl can dream!
2. More peanut butter or more jelly?
Peanut butter. It holds the jelly in place.
3. If you could take a vacation to anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would it be and why?
That’s a tough one! I guess it would have to be Greece because I love the mythology and have always wanted to see the temples of the gods.
4. You win the jackpot with the lotto — what do you do?
Pay off student loans, buy a house, pay off my parents’ mortgages, travel
5. If you could create anything, what would it be?
I would create a device that makes everyone empathic to their fellow man and woman. Too many people think this world is all about them and cannot see through another’s eyes. I think if more people could, the world would be a better place.
6. You are granted the ability to do whatever job you want — what is it?
Travel writer. Or Disney princess.
7. Most favorite book is…?
Toss up between Pride and Prejudice, Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, and The Catcher in the Rye
8. Most favorite invention to date is?
The internet. You can’t deny its awesomeness!
9. If you could help the world in any one way, what would it be and why?
I would start with the kids and make sure that each one of them grows up in a loving environment where they are treated as an important and valued member of the family.
10. You find a magic lamp with a genie who grants you three wishes. What do you do?
Wish for universal good health, happiness, and love.
11. Why do you blog?
See Laura’s #9.
The Liebster Blog winners:
- The Best Life
- Go Jules Go
- Misty’s Laws
- My One Precious Life
- Remain Insane
- A Smile Each Day
- Thirty-six 24 Thirty-Six
- Thoughts Appear
- Truth and Cake
- Trying to Be Conscious
My questions for you:
- What is your favorite 80’s film and why?
- If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be?
- A time machine is invented, but a person can only take one trip. Do you go to the past or the future? Why?
- How did you come up with the title of your blog?
- What is the most important item on your bucket list?
- All’s fair in love and war. True or false?
- What is your go-to karaoke (or shower) song?
- Which sense could you live without?
- Would you rather be loved because you are needed or needed because you are loved?
- What do you really think of these blogging awards?
- Where were you on your eleventh birthday?
Congratulations to everyone on this eleventh day!
Today is also a day of remembrance for all those who were lost eleven years ago today. Let us never forget the victims and heroes of that tragic day.
“Our dead brothers still live for us and bid us think of life, not death–of life to which in their youth they lent the passion and glory of Spring. As I listen, the great chorus of life and joy begins again, and amid the awful orchestra of seen and unseen powers and destinies of good and evil, our trumpets, sound once more a note of daring, hope, and will.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
It’s so hard to believe that it’s been eleven years.